How to Commence Divorce Proceedings

Married couples can apply for a divorce in Australia if their marriage has irretrievably broken down and they want their separation legally recognised. To get a divorce, you need to satisfy the Federal Circuit Court of Australia that it has jurisdiction and that you and your spouse have been separated for at least 12 months and there is no reasonable likelihood of resuming the marriage.  Read More...

Comments 0

What is a Testamentary Trust?

A testamentary trust is established under a will with the goal of providing more control over the distribution of assets to beneficiaries and to provide beneficiaries with the opportunity to minimise their potential liability for income tax and capital gains tax. It offers significant flexibility along with asset protection and tax minimisation advantages for those who will benefit from your estate. Read More...

Comments 0

Child Support - How It Works

Australia has a child support system to ensure children receive an appropriate level of financial support from their parents from birth until the age of 18. Read More...

Comments 0

Re-partnering: Love After Separation

Remarrying or “Re-partnering” after a divorce or past separation can be an exciting time and one fraught with concern. These feelings can strike regardless of age, but are especially potent for those re-partnering in their 50’s and 60’s. Read More...

Comments 0